Okay, so I can’t say I “fully” made this recipe from scratch, because I purchased the crust. But, if you want to make a bomb paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free (any other “frees” I’m missing?) pizza at home in 30 minutes, this is the recipe for you! I served it accompanied by a side salad made with Primal Kitchen’s Caesar dressing, which actually tastes very similar to regular, dairy-containing Caesar! I picked it up at Whole Foods, but you can also snag it at Natural Grocers, or most other health food stores.
- Cappellos’ naked pizza crust
- My super easy vegan pesto
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 chicken breast, oven-roasted and pulled
- I oven roast my chicken by lightly brushing it with avocado oil, massaging with salt and pepper, and cooking it at 425 degrees until it reaches 165 at the thickest part of the chicken. Usually, this takes 16-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken. Using a thermometer is key to cooking it just enough to avoid salmonella (ew!) and maintain its juiciness. We got this inexpensive one as a wedding gift and it does the job!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Remove pizza crust from box (it should still be frozen) and spread pesto onto crust
- Add tomato slices, then chicken
- Evenly sprinkle nutritional yeast over pizza
- Place pizza onto pizza stone (make sure you get rid of the cardboard!) and onto center oven rack
- Remove after 12 minutes, or 15 for a crispy crust