I whipped up this pasta salad the other day in attempt to recreate one that my mom often made growing up. Hers was a little different, being that she used regular, wheat pasta, as well as cheese … but the general concept is still the same. Well, that’s actually not true. It winded up being a completely different dish. Nonetheless, it’s delicious!
Below, see my recipe for an awesome side OR main dish that’s sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Plus, if you use Eat Banza’s chickpea-based pasta, you’ll get your protein in, even without adding meat.
- 1 box of pasta (I use Eat Banza shell pasta because I like the ingredients and macronutrient makeup, but you can use any shell pasta.)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup red or white onion
- 1 small cucumber
- 3 T Primal Kitchens Greek dressing
- 2 T capers
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- Halve cherry tomatoes and black olives. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Dice onion and cucumber. Add chopped contents to the bowl holding the tomatoes and olives.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drained, and (mostly) cooled, transfer to a mixing bowl. Toss with dressing.
- Gently add in the chopped ingredients, plus capers, thoroughly combining.
That’s it! Easy as cake. Or maybe I should say, easy as pasta – I’m pretty sure following this recipe is easier than baking a cake from scratch!
This stayed good in the fridge for about a week. I like it best at room temperature, so I usually take it out about 30 minutes before I want to eat it.